Planned giving is a way to leave a legacy for future generations and give your estate a tax benefit. Your charitable planned gift can help the NHCC or Foundation in a variety of ways from programmatic support to creating a lasting endowment fund. We would be happy to work with you, your attorney or financial planner on creating a gift that will sustain our mission for years to come. Types of planned gifts to consider include the following:
- Gifts of stocks, bonds and shares of a mutual fund can make a much larger gift than expected.
- Charitable Bequest in Will
- Include the NHCCF in your will through a percentage, residual, contingent, or a fixed amount bequest.
- Savings Beneficiary Designation
- Savings accounts, certificates of deposits, or other savings plans can pass immediately to the NHCCF as a Payable on Death (POD) beneficiary of the account.
- Life Insurance Policies
- You can amend an existing policy or purchase a new policy naming the NHCCF as beneficiary or co-beneficiary.
- Retirement Accounts and IRAs
- Add the NHCCF as the first, second or final beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k) or other retirement account.
- Real Estate
- A gift of your property can make a great gift.
- Charitable Gift Annuity, Charitable Remainder
- Trust and Charitable Lead Trust – You may choose to establish a trust that allows you or other defined beneficiaries to retain income for life with assets of the trust accruing to NHCCF.
- Gifts may be designated to support a NHCC program, create a lasting endowment or provide sustainable support of the Center or Foundation.