To learn more, please contact the NHCC Foundation at (505)383-4705.
The Herrera Internship Endowment Fund provides internships annually to Latina students who are high school seniors or enrolled at least half time in an accredited New Mexico college or university. Established by native New Mexican, Dr. Denise Herrera in 2016, the Herrera Internship Endowment will allow interns to learn of the many areas of a national, cultural institution, the NHCC, in areas such as administration, visual arts, performing arts, history and literary arts or education programs.
Planned giving is a way to leave a legacy for future generations and give your estate a tax benefit. Your charitable planned gift can help the NHCC or Foundation in a variety of ways from programmatic support to creating a lasting endowment fund. We would be happy to work with you, your attorney or financial planner on creating a gift that will sustain our mission for years to come. Types of planned gifts to consider include the following:
- Gifts of stocks, bonds and shares of a mutual fund can make a much larger gift than expected.
- Charitable Bequest in Will
- Include the NHCCF in your will through a percentage, residual, contingent, or a fixed amount bequest.
- Savings Beneficiary Designation
- Savings accounts, certificates of deposits, or other savings plans can pass immediately to the NHCCF as a Payable on Death (POD) beneficiary of the account.
- Life Insurance Policies
- You can amend an existing policy or purchase a new policy naming the NHCCF as beneficiary or co-beneficiary.
- Retirement Accounts and IRAs
- Add the NHCCF as the first, second or final beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k) or other retirement account.
- Real Estate
- A gift of your property can make a great gift.
- Charitable Gift Annuity, Charitable Remainder
- Trust and Charitable Lead Trust – You may choose to establish a trust that allows you or other defined beneficiaries to retain income for life with assets of the trust accruing to NHCCF.
- Gifts may be designated to support a NHCC program, create a lasting endowment or provide sustainable support of the Center or Foundation.